This is Not About Drugs (TINAD) is a class-based, universal program designed to raise awareness of substance misuse, with a special emphasis on prescription opioids. It is all online and consists of a 45-minute discussion and video session.
Why is addiction important to learn about?
What You Will Learn
- The risks of prescription pain drug misuse.
- How drug misuse can lead to dependence, overdose, and death.
- Identify the symptoms of opioid overdose and when to call 911.
- Understand the disease of addiction and the impact of substance use disorders on the individual, family, and friends.
- How to ask for help and the resources that are available to you.
"[I LEARNED] THAT ANY KIND OF DRUG CAN NEGATIVELY AFFECT YOUR LIFE NO MATTER HOW BAD THEY ARE.”
- Student, 15 years old
WHO WE REACH
Middle schoolers and high schoolers from rural Maryland.
One session of 60 minutes. The program can be delivered online or in-person.
If you are a middle school educator, administrator, or parent who is interested in having this program implemented at your school. please contact us at [email protected]
12 counties already implementing this program!