The CCAR Recovery Coach Academy© is a 5-day intensive training focusing on providing individuals with the skills needed to guide, mentor and support anyone who would like to enter into or sustain long-term recovery from addiction to alcohol or other drugs. Provided in a retreat like environment, the program prepares participants by helping them to actively listen, ask productive questions, and discover a greater sense of self and personal responsibility.
What does a Recovery Coach do?
What is a Recovery Coach?
- Someone who promotes recovery and removes barriers and obstacles to recovery through mentorship
- The difference between a coach and another peer role is that a coach stays focused on providing support for people in recovery from a substance use disorder
What You Will Learn
- Core components, values and principles of a recovery coach
- Recovery wellness planning
- Skills to build and enhance relationships
- The role of culture, power and privilege
IS THERE A COST?
MarylandROTA covers the full cost of the program for participants in rural counties
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone in the recovery field!
5 day training in person and virtual training.